August 31, 2020
The Utah County Health Department (UCHD) is seeking proposals for projects that address root causes and factors associated with the youth use of electronic cigarettes, marijuana, and other drugs. Help spread the word and share this grant opportunity with your community partners.
Groups eligible for the grants include:
- Coalition of community organizations that is focused on substance abuse prevention
- Local government agency, including a law enforcement agency, for a program that is focused on substance abuse prevention
- Local education agency
Approximate award amounts will be between $50,000 to $100,000 per application. View full Request for Proposal (RFP)
Q & A session
UCHD held an informational call for potential grant applicants. This session gave applicants an opportunity to ask questions and receive any necessary guidance. Please view the recorded meeting below. Here’s a link to the pdf slides with notes.
Applications will be due no later than 11:59 PM September 30, 2020. Please use the application document to ensure you include all the required sections.
Evidence-Based and Promising Practice Interventions:
- SAMHSA Evidence-Based Practices Resource Center
- Utah Evidence-Based Workgroup
- Search Utah’s registry of approved prevention programs
- Blueprints for Healthy Youth Development Registry of Experimentally Proven Programs
- Prevention Toolkit
- Best Practices for Comprehensive Tobacco Control Programs
- First Clearinghouse Database
Questions should be directed to Brittany Guerra; firstname.lastname@example.org; 801-851-7099