August 10, 2023
The Utah County Health Department’s Mosquito Abatement team confirmed that West Nile Virus has been found in a Utah County mosquito trap.
Please take precautions and protect yourself with the following Mosquito D’s:
- DRAIN standing water
- DAWN and DUSK are times to avoid being outside
- DRESS appropriately by wearing long sleeves and pants when outside
- DEFEND yourself by using insect repellent with DEET
- DOOR and window screens should be in good working condition
- DISTRICT personnel are available to address mosquito concerns. Call 801-851-7637 or fill out a service request form for more information. You may also visit the mosquito abatement page for more information.
See the Media Release below for more information.