Outrage Youth Group
WHO WE ARE
OUTRAGE, Utah County’s youth-led (ages 12-18) advocacy and prevention group.
The OUTRAGE mission is to empower youth to fight back against tobacco, nicotine, alcohol, marijuana, and prescription drug misuse by using effective prevention strategies and advocacy.
WHAT WE DO
OUTRAGE seeks to empower peers and communities by effectively communicating about health issues. Youth advocates understand the importance of teamwork and inclusivity.
- Fall Retreat: A day to improve relationships, communication, and advocacy skills with the youth group
- Opinion Dinner: Educating Senators, Representatives, City Officials, Board of Health Members, and Commissioners of Utah County about upcoming bills that impact youth
- Capital Day: Spend a day at the Utah State Capitol during a legislative session
- Leadership Summit: Gather with other youth across the state to learn and train about prevention and advocacy work.
Meetings are a chance for youth to plan events, train, and learn more about what can be done in the community. OUTRAGE has monthly meetings on the first Tuesday of each month from 6:30-8:30 pm, with an in-person and virtual option. In-person meetings will be held at the Health and Justice Building in Provo, Utah.
Please fill out the following permission form:
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest News and Activities
OUTRAGE, Utah County’s Advocacy and Prevention group will be having a pickleball tournament July 18, 2023, from 1pm-3pm. Games will be held at Spanish Fork Sports Park (295 Volunteer Dr, Spanish Fork, Utah 84660). Snacks, drinks, and popsicles will be provided. The top winners of each group will receive a prize. Come enjoy an afternoon with OUTRAGE.
ONE REGISTRATION PER TEAM OR REGISTER YOURSELF AND A PARTNER WILL BE ASSIGNED TO YOU.
Rules we will be following:
1. Games will be played to a score of 11, win by two or 10 minutes.
2. Players will be their own line judges
3. We will only be playing doubles during this tournament
4. All other USA Pickleball Rules will be followed.
If you have any questions, please reach out to email@example.com
OUTRAGE youth visited the Utah State Capitol on February 16, 2023, during the Utah State Legislature General Session. To help prepare for the day, youth participated in a Saturday training event where they were able to engage in a variety of activities and review talking points. While at the capitol, OUTRAGE youth educated senators and representatives on tobacco related issues and learned more about the legislative process. Youth members connected with the following legislative leaders: Senator Hinkins, Senator Bramble, Senator Cullimore, Senator Owens, Senator Kennedy, Representative Welton, Representative Stratton, Representative Abbott, Representative Christofferson, Representative Burton, Representative Gricius, Representative Judkins, Representative Moss, and Representative Thurston.
If you want to learn more on how to be a teen advocate and make a difference in your community, contact firstname.lastname@example.org