Section Six- Health Department Inspections
The health department will occasionally visit the facility to ensure that the facility is operating according to state and local health codes. Tanning bed closure(s) or closure of the entire facility may occur if any of the following conditions are found during a health department inspection.
- Misuse of bed timing devices
- Misuse of bed replacement bulbs (incompatible bulb type)
- Cracked or severely damaged acrylic shields
- Missing or unreadable bed labels
- Lack of customer information and consent forms or other records/documentation
- Lack of certified operators
- Lack of cleanliness or sanitation
- General lack of facility maintenance
At any other time, the owner/operator is expected to voluntarily close a tanning bed to customer use if a problem is discovered and until such time it can be resolved.