Birth & Death Certificates

Link to Information about FEMA assistance with COVID-19 related funeral costs

All of our offices are open to serve you. We encourage all clients to fill out the form (below) before coming in to limit duration of time in office. If you are sick please don’t come into the office and give us a call for alternative methods of assistance.

Hours and Locations


151 South University Avenue Suite 1100
Provo UT, 84601
Phone: 801-851-7005
Get Directions


Monday – Tuesday 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM*
Wednesday 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM*
Thursday – Friday 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM*
*except holidays

Counter and Mail Requests

American Fork

599 South 500 East, #2
American Fork, UT 84003
Phone: 801-851-7333
Get Directions


Monday – Thursday 8:00 AM to 11:00 AM, 12:30 PM to 4:30 PM*
Friday 8:30 AM to 11:00 AM, 12:30 PM to 4:30 PM*
*except holidays

Counter Requests Only


285 North 1250 East, 3rd Floor
Payson, UT 84651
Phone: 801-851-7353
Get Directions


Monday – Friday 8:00 AM to 11:30 AM, 1:00 PM to 4:30 PM*
*except holidays

Counter Requests Only

As of Monday, March 4, 2024 credit card payments will have an additional 2.65% fee applied paid by customer with a minimum of $1.50.

Required ID

Identification is required for the purchase of a Utah Certificate. Mailed requests must include an enlarged and easily identifiable photocopy of the front of your identification. If no ID is enclosed, your request will be returned. 

*List of Acceptable Identification | Identificación Aceptable

Vital Records Forms


Marriage and Divorce records for the State of Utah for the years 1978 to 2011 can be requested here in our office. After 2011, we have Utah County records only to 2015.

Filing a Death Certificate

Elderly man with daughter

Filing a Death Certificate: Utah law allows families to care for their dead without the services of a licensed funeral director. Families that do not retain a funeral director must file a death certificate and comply with state laws and rules regarding the disposition of human remains.
To begin the death certificate, contact the Local Health Department in the county that the death occurred to assist you, or contact the State Office of Vital Records and Statistics for information on filing a death certificate. You may see for more information on how to file a death certificate. If you need to contact the UCHD Office of Vital Records in this regard, please call 801-851-7005. 

Archive Center 
Marriage Licenses 
Paternity matters 
Social Security 
State office of vital records 
US citizens born abroad 
US citizens death abroad 
Where to write for other states