Take a Class
Online Class Options
- WIC Health classes: Create a personal login at WICHealth.org. Explore a variety of classes catered to your needs. Explore recipes. The quiz is for your own records and you don’t need to bring it to your WIC class appointment to get your your benefits loaded on your eWIC card.
- Texas WIC classes: Create a personal login with just your email or select a class and study as a guest. We do not require you to bring the class certificate to your class appointment to get your benefits loaded to you eWIC card.
- Independent learning: Visit one of these websites, read an article, then fill out the Google survey to let us know you completed it.
In Clinic Classes
Independent learning classes
Come to your WIC class appointment to complete an independent learning bulletin board or binder class. Read nutrition information and complete a brief quiz. This will take about 10-15 minutes, including the time to load benefits to your eWIC card.
Introduction to Breastfeeding class
Whether you are a first-time mom or simply new to breastfeeding, this class will answer questions such as:
- How often should I feed my baby?
- What is breastfeeding like in the first few days?
- How will I know if my baby is receiving enough milk?
- What should I do if I am planning to return to work or school?
- Where can I go to get help?
This free 60-minute class taught by a certified lactation expert at your local WIC clinic will give you the tools to fulfill your breastfeeding goals.
Moms are invited to bring her support team which may include dad, grandmas and friends. Call 801-851-7300 to make your appointment. If needed, you will get more WIC vouchers before the class starts. This is class is also open to the public.
English pre-recorded breastfeeding classes are available here.
Spanish pre-recorded breastfeeding classes are available here.
You may also join a Breastfeeding class via live video conferencing by joining from your computer, tablet or smartphone. These are taught every Wednesday at 5:20 p.m. The 4th Wednesday of every month is taught in Spanish. Join here. Downloading the Go To Meeting app is required. Or dial in using your phone +1(224)501-3412 access code 796-566-237.
Please Note: Due to COVID-19, we are not currently holding our Baby Behaviors, Baby Wearing, or Infant Massage classes. If you would like information on these topics, please contact us at 801-851-7312.
- For parents of young infants, learn 5 reasons babies cry and how to interpret their cries to communicate better with your baby.
- We welcome you and your baby as well as other caregivers of your baby.
- Description: Wearing your baby in a soft infant carrier helps reduce colic and stress, all while being hands-free! This class is taught by is taught by Babywearing Utah.
- This is a great class for:
- Expecting parents.
- Parents with infants.
- Bring your own carrier to learn how to use it or try out different varieties to find out what is best for you. Babies are welcome.
- Description: Come learn different massage techniques to help calm and soothe your little one.
- Bring your baby and a yoga mat or soft towel.
Car Seat Safety
- Taught by Utah County Health promotions. See here for details.
All classes are 45 minutes in length, taught at the Provo WIC Clinic and scheduled at various times throughout the month. Call 801-851-7300 for more information and to schedule.
Food Sense classes
Provided by USU Extension in Utah County can also fulfill your WIC class requirement. Call 801-851-8460 or visit https://extension.usu.edu/foodsense/calendar to get more information. We do not require a certificate. Make a WIC class appointment after taking the class to receive your benefits on your eWIC card.
Receiving Benefits on your eWIC Card
Most WIC nutrition, breastfeeding and parenting classes are available to anyone in the public, but nutrition education is required for all WIC participants. These are some ways that you can fulfill that requirement. Once complete, contact your WIC clinic to make an appointment to get more benefits loaded to your eWIC card. Text: 385-312-0625, Call: 801-851-7300.
If you are not a WIC participant but would like to take a class provided at the WIC clinic, contact 801-851-7300 to get information about times and locations.